Dan Wood Communications
I am a strategic communications consultant with over 15 years' experience across the public and private sectors and particular expertise in NHS communications.
Working individually and with support from my talented network of specialist associates, I offer strategic advice, develop effective communications plans and have an excellent track record of delivering communications materials and projects of all shapes and sizes.
With experience of providing communications advice at the highest levels, from chief executives to government ministers, I am used to communicating carefully nuanced issues in complex, political environments.
Whatever your organisation, I can help you to ensure your communications support the delivery of your business, including:
- developing communications strategies and plans to deliver tangible results
- delivering communications materials, from print and media to video and web
- from implementing research to inform strategy development and measure the effectiveness of communications
- mapping and engaging stakeholders and audience segmentation
- creating and refining messaging to achieve your desired result
- developing your brand to enhance and exploit its value
- auditing and reviewing existing communications and marketing to ensure they are meeting your needs.
- "Dan has provided invaluable advice and support to Queen Victoria Hospital over a number of years. He has got to the heart of the hospital’s business and what we are trying to achieve. Combining his insight and expertise in health communications with a professional and flexible approach, he has helped us to protect and enhance our reputation and engage more effectively with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external."
- Dr Adrian Bull, Chief Executive, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- "Dan has been a pleasure to work with. He has led, developed and supported the implementation of communications plans for a number of important initiatives and campaigns. With his experience and expertise, he has been an invaluable source of strategic advice to me and my team. He is able to quickly grasp complex issues and find the right way to explain them to patients, clinicians and commissioners."
- Bev Matthews, Director, NHS Kidney Care